Our Koala room is a wonderful environment for our infants. We pride ourselves on creating an environment where each child’s needs are met while they are in our care. The children are grouped in small groups (maximum of 8 infants per day) which we feel is important for this age group. We value our connections with our children and thoroughly enjoy watching them develop and shine each and every day!
In the Koala room, you will see many wonderful play and learning experiences that help our infants develop in a happy and safe way. Some of the experiences that our Koala room educators see as important are:
- Creating an environment where each child feels safe, secure and supported.
- Connecting with each child and understanding their routine.
- Positive interactions with children and their families.
- Providing a safe and supportive environment for children to develop their skills and abilities.
- Communicating with families to ensure that each child’s needs are met and consistently supported.
- Sensory play experiences that encourage the children to explore their world through the use of their senses.
- Art experience that allow children to explore freely and gain confidence in their abilities.
- Music and movement through daily practices and transitions. We understand that there is a strong relationship between music and brain development.
- Physical activity which supports each child’s stage of development. Each milestone that is achieved by our children is so special to each of our educators.
Our interactions with our Koalas makes us smile each day! We strive to provide our Koalas with the greatest gifts – a sense of belonging; the joy of BEING; curiosity, confidence and the ability to relate to others. This special age, we feel, is the most crucial for the development of the child and of the adult the child will become.